Chat with us, powered by LiveChat LiveChat



USU is dedicated to helping students finish their degrees – no matter where they started. That is why it is the University’s practice is to build transparency and fairness with a commitment to students in order to apply a consistent policy with transferability of credits. Award of credit is based on comparability and applicability of specific courses, and, in compliance with regulatory standards or codes.

To learn if your credits are transferable, speak with an enrollment advisor today!



To determine which credits will transfer to USU, follow these steps:

1. Make an appointment with an enrollment advisor.

2. Provide the enrollment advisor with unofficial transcripts from all previously attended institutions if you wish to have an unofficial evaluation completed. *

Students who completed university coursework outside of the United States must submit official transcripts that have been fully evaluated and translated, if applicable. Transcripts should come directly from the issuing institution: Please have transcripts addressed to the following address:

United States University
Attn: Office of the Registrar
7675 Mission Valley Road
San Diego, CA 92108

USU will accept electronic transcripts from the sending institution via secured network: e.g., Student Clearinghouse, Parchment, etc. Please use the Office of the Registrar’s email address to send transcripts:

NOTE: Official transcripts are recommended to ensure all evaluations are completed and applied accordingly. **

3. The enrollment advisor will provide the information to the Office of the Registrar for review.

4. The Office of the Registrar will start evaluation process in collaboration with Dean or Program Director for which student is seeking admissions.

5. Enrollment Advisor will communicate with student once evaluation is complete. Please allow 3-5 business days for evaluations to be completed.

*Students may be requested to submit course descriptions and/or syllabi to assist in determining course equivalency.

**All records submitted to the University become the property of the university and are placed in the student’s education record. No confidential information will be released without student authorization. If students do not complete the admission application, the Office of the Registrar will keep records as prescribed by state regulations.

For more information on USU’s transfer policy please refer to the University Catalog.



The University makes every effort to build agreements with other institutions of higher learning.  Any agreements will be listed below:


If your institution is not listed above please check our University’s Transfer Evaluation System.  The system may have additional information of courses that have been previously accepted from other academic institutions.

University’s Transfer Evaluation System