A Global Community of Knowledge
USU is proud of our diverse, international student body. We are dedicated to helping new students ease the transition to USU – and to life in The United States
The USU Department of International Affairs provides important resources and assistance to international students, including:
- Generating an I-20 once all necessary documents have been received
- Providing pre-arrival information for new international students
- Leading International Orientation/English Assessments for new students
- Assisting with any questions related to F-1 status or any changes/updates needed for the I-20
- Helping with applications for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) and Optional Practical Training (OPT)
- Assisting students who have a difficult time transitioning into American culture or who have initial difficulties with the U.S. education system
- Referring students to counseling services, if requested
- Disseminating important information pertaining to international student life
- If you are an international student and need assistance with any of these or other topics, don’t hesitate to drop by or make an appointment!
Office Location and Hours
The Department of International Affairs is located at the San Diego Campus.
7675 Mission Valley Road.
San Diego, CA 92108
Monday–Friday, 9 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Drop-in appointments are always welcome. However, due to scheduled meetings and frequent scheduling changes, it is recommended that you contact the campus to make an appointment.
International Student Services Advisor
If you are an international student and need assistance with any of these or other topics, don’t hesitate to drop by or make an appointment!
Office Location & Hours
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM