Chat with us, powered by LiveChat LiveChat

Visa requirements

The U.S. government requires persons who come to the U.S. for full-time studies (18 hours per week or more) to obtain F-1 student visas. To apply for an F-1 student visa at the U.S. embassy or consulate in the student’s country of origin, an I-20 form will be needed. An I-20 form is a government approved document issued by the OIEPS. To receive an I-20 form, students must first apply to United States University. For information about the time required to get a visa to enter the U.S., please contact the U.S. embassy or consulate in the student’s country of origin.

Students are advised to apply six to eight (6 – 8) weeks in advance. To apply, students must complete the enrollment application form and provide written proof that they have sufficient funds to support themselves while living and studying in the United States. Students should allow one to three (1-3) weeks to process applications.