Student Records Specialist
Provide general customer service and information to new, continuing and prospective students. Assists Registrar with processing of student information and records. Provide and maintain student records including transcripts and enrollment verifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists Office of Registrar in daily processing of transcripts, enrollment verifications and student changes;
- Assist new, continuing and prospective students with general inquiries and academic records;
- Processes registrations and researches/resolves registration complications;
- Maintain student files and records ensuring accuracy and integrity;
- May assist in processing graduation applications and commencement ceremony process;
- May provide back up to Registrar including maintaining class schedule;
- Provides information in a variety of formats, including responding to students via person/telephone/mail/e-mail/fax requests;
- May respond to new, continuing and/or prospective students regarding the full range of academic records, including commencement, transfer credits and/or transcripts;
- Adhere to the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), and all University policies essential in ensuring the integrity, accuracy, and confidentiality of all student data;
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent education and experience;
- Minimum 2 years of professional academic experience in administration;
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with attention to detail, accuracy and efficient workflow.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Proficient with computer and word processing skills.
The essential functions of the job are usually performed in an environmentally controlled facility where the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position may involve working in a combination of office and classroom environments.
While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may sometimes be required to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment and physical demands described are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
About United States University
USU empowers students to succeed. We do it by offering an accessible, nurturing, and student-focused education experience to students who desire progress in their personal or professional lives. Our diverse faculty forge personal relationships with students, mentoring them throughout their entire educational journey. With small class sizes, 24/7 access and support, and scholarship opportunities, USU is an inclusive community of learning dedicated to the personal and professional growth of our students and graduates.
The academic programs at USU are embedded with real-world applications and designed to give students the resources they need to continually advance in their chosen fields. With Colleges of Nursing, Health Sciences, Business and Management, and Education, USU provides highly-relevant education in high-demand fields.
USU University features
- Online or on-campus studies to meet your unique needs
- Financial aid and scholarships available to qualified students
- Small class sizes with the personal attention you need to succeed
- Open enrollment, we accept applications year-round
- Online tutoring available 24/7
Please send your resume and cover letter to David Noriega at email@example.com.
We are located at 7675 Mission Valley Road, San Diego, CA 92108