Regional Clinical Coordinator in the Office of Field Experience
The Clinical Coordinator in the Office of Field Experience works with students in assigned load in the MSN/FNP program supporting the required clinical field experience. The Clinical Coordinator supports students in developing and implementing plans for clinical placements by reviewing program and student clinical site requests, requirements and available site preceptors for the various clinical courses. The Clinical Coordinator is responsible for ensuring students are aware of and complete requirements for placement in the clinical setting and maintaining their approved status.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring students are aware of and complete requirements for placement in the clinical setting and maintain their approved status.
- Work with students to insure all necessary health and safety documentation is uploaded and cleared in required systems in advance of start of the clinical experience.
- Work with student to determine and identify best placement options.
- Responsible for outreach to clinical sites and preceptors which have been identified by student, College, or administration, for placement of students.
- Will manage the Affiliation Agreement legal review as necessary with USU legal department and the legal departments of the site.
- All contact with site to be maintained in data management system.
- Agreements to be archived in a database accessible for on-going placement of students.
- Monitor and ensure all preceptors have submitted required documents and have access to required systems.
- Work collaboratively with other OFE staff and management as well as College leadership.
- Work to an established call strategy and maintain consistent notes, history, and documentation in required systems.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Self-starter and ability to think on one’s feet
- Ability to think strategically and prioritize effectively
- Communication, Collaboration and Teamwork Skills
- Strong Verbal and Written Skills
- Experience managing students and faculty
- Commitment to working with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff
- Knowledge of database management, and creating, contributing to and maintaining records
- Ability to work in fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting abilities
- Ability to work with others to insure appropriate strategies are developed to meet the University needs.
- Organizational and research skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, university staff, students, and the community.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills in a dynamic, constantly changing environment
- Ability to work effectively, exhibit a professional manner and establish constructive working relationships
- Attention to detail and quality focused
- Knowledge of clinical components of advanced practice nursing education, Health Care Agencies, practice settings and institutions
- 3-5 years of documented successful experience related to teaching adults, teaching methodology, curriculum development, and curriculum evaluation.
- 1-3 years (minimum) of experience in Online teaching methodology
Competitive Depending upon qualifications, experience and education
This position is located in Phoenix, AZ. This is not a virtual or remote position.
- Must hold a bachelor degree in business, management, or health administration.
- Expertise in business development or working with vendors
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
About United States University:
USU empowers students to succeed. We do it by offering an accessible, nurturing, and student-focused education experience to students who desire progress in their personal or professional lives. Our diverse faculty forge personal relationships with students, mentoring them throughout their entire educational journey. With small class sizes, 24/7 access and support, and scholarship opportunities, USU is an inclusive community of learning dedicated to the personal and professional growth of our students and graduates.
The academic programs at USU are embedded with real-world applications and designed to give students the resources they need to continually advance in their chosen fields. With Colleges of Nursing and Health Sciences, Business and Management, and Education, USU provides highly-relevant education in high-demand fields.
USU University features:
- Online or on-campus studies to meet your unique needs
- Financial aid and scholarships available to qualified students
- Small class sizes with the personal attention you need to succeed
- Open enrollment, we accept applications year-round
- Online tutoring available 24/7
To apply, please send your resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include relevant unofficial copies of transcripts, copies of nursing licenses or similar certifications, and any other pertinent materials for consideration.
We are located at 7675 Mission Valley Road, San Diego, CA 92108