Program Lead Faculty, Bachelor of Arts in Management
United States University is seeking a dynamic Program Lead Faculty for the Bachelor of Arts in Management in the USU College of Business and Management. Core Faculty with Academic Rank provide a positive learning environment in a specific academic program or discipline and facilitate effective teaching and learning, and positive student learning outcomes. Core faculty are responsible for the academic management of the discipline and for maintaining a scholarly learning environment. The following list is the core job functions of Core Faculty at United States University taken from The Faculty Handbook. The Faculty Handbook shall govern all faculty functions including evaluation, rank, and promotion; however, this list is the basic set of job tasks expected for core faculty.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures and maintains compliance with policies and practices of United States University; Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC); and other state and federal regulatory agencies regulations and statutes.
- Effectively facilitate learning and learner development through regular and substantive interaction.
- Participate in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation in the discipline.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and revise standards for the progression, retention, and graduation of students.
- Use both disciplinary and institutional assessment and evaluation strategies.
- Evaluate program outcomes such as key performance indicators and learning outcome results.
- Lead program improvement efforts, including active contribution to and participation in the Educational Effectiveness program, academic program review, and annual student learning assessments; leading the improvement of curriculum to ensure that student needs and learning objectives are met.
- Outreach to community and prospective students.
- Provide leadership to program faculty, particularly in modeling and ensuring adherence to program, college, and University policies and decisions.
- Recommend the selection of program faculty.
- Participation in Shared Governance activities including developing, updating, and disseminating any program-unique policies and procedures necessary to ensure both program excellence and compliance with College and University policies and procedures.
- Maintain selected programmatic accreditations and certifications.
- Maintain a climate that promotes creativity and intellectual innovation.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong record of leadership, communication, collaboration and teamwork skills.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- The ability to work with recruiting and marketing, as well as the business community to attract new students and promote the business programs and the University;
- Commitment to innovative, student-focused program delivery that explores, assesses, and looks for ways to improve learning outcomes;
- Ability to work effectively with people of diverse backgrounds and promote a positive working and learning environment.
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting abilities
- Ability to work with others to insure appropriate strategies are developed to meet the University needs.
- Knowledge of principles and methods of adult education
- Ability to set priorities, make critical decisions, and remain flexible in high pressure situations
- Ability to execute responsibilities in a timely, meticulous and professional manner, while demonstrating initiative and creativity
- Ability to strategically create and coordinate complex schedules, calendars, activities, and events
- Ability to interact effectively with university administrators and leaders in the public and private sectors
Competitive Depending upon qualifications, experience and education
This position is located in San Diego, CA. This is not a virtual or remote position.
- Required: Doctoral degree in Business or Education (with relevance to business disciplines)
- 3-5 years in online teaching experience
- 3-5 years in online curriculum and instruction, particularly for a regionally accredited business school or college
- At least five years of professional experience in the discipline
- A demonstrated commitment to student success and retention;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, excellent verbal, presentation, written communication skills, and excellent computer skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
About United States University:
USU empowers students to succeed. We do it by offering an accessible, nurturing, and student-focused education experience to students who desire progress in their personal or professional lives. Our diverse faculty forge personal relationships with students, mentoring them throughout their entire educational journey. With small class sizes, 24/7 access and support, and scholarship opportunities, USU is an inclusive community of learning dedicated to the personal and professional growth of our students and graduates.
The academic programs at USU are embedded with real-world applications and designed to give students the resources they need to continually advance in their chosen fields. With Colleges of Nursing and Health Sciences, Business and Management, and Education, USU provides highly-relevant education in high-demand fields.
USU University features:
- Online or on-campus studies to meet your unique needs
- Financial aid and scholarships available to qualified students
- Small class sizes with the personal attention you need to succeed
- Open enrollment, we accept applications year-round
- Online tutoring available 24/7
To apply, please send your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include relevant unofficial copies of transcripts, copies of nursing licenses or similar certifications, and any other pertinent materials for consideration.
We are located at 7675 Mission Valley Road, San Diego, CA 92108