FNP Adjunct Faculty
On Campus Teaching Immersion Skills
United States University is an institution with a mission to develop diverse life long learners grounded in caring science and prepared to be innovative leaders in a dynamic healthcare system. United States University provides adult learners with nursing programs grounded in caring science and preparing nurses to be innovative leaders in a dynamic healthcare system and acknowledges nursing as a discipline with a unique body of knowledge and a professional practice. For more information, visit us at https://www.usuniversity.edu/degrees/master-of-science-in-nursing-family-nurse-practitioner/?pID=85 to review the FNP curriculum.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teach and work with students learning health assessment skills
- Teach suturing, casting, interpreting x-ray and other scanning and interventional technology and skills
- Work with standardized patients
- Provide Initial and Summative Evaluations of clinical competencies using standardized patients
- Interact with an academically and culturally diverse student population, faculty, and staff
- Complete administrative tasks. Submit grades and reports on schedule
- Other duties as assigned
United States University College of Nursing is looking for very experienced FNP clinicians who want to teach students on campus during scheduled immersions. Faculty will be paid by the hour and will bill for the time they are scheduled to be on campus. Faculty will work with the Director of Immersion and Simulation Center or the Dean to schedule blocks of time for teaching.
Ideal candidates for these positions must have:
- National certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner
- California RN and advance practice licensure
- Experience with application of evidence into clinical practice
- Experience working with nurse practitioner students
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We are located at 7675 Mission Valley Road, San Diego, CA 92108