Financial Aid Advisor
Join our team in Tempe, AZ!
Advise students during all phases of the financial aid application process, adhering to federal, state, and institutional regulations in the timely processing of financial aid.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Serve current and/or potential students in the financial aid application process from initial contact through verification, determination of eligibility, awarding and disbursement of financial aid.
- May conducts needs analysis in compliance with federal criteria to determine the relative eligibility of each financial aid applicant.
- Conduct verification of student and parent application data in compliance with federal criteria.
- Determine the type and amount of financial aid to be awarded through the packaging process according to federal, state and institutional requirements. Monitors individual student awards.
- Provide financial aid counseling to students and parents regarding all aspects of financial aid process. Makes necessary referrals to other student service offices. May need to identify unique needs and appropriate services.
- Assists in resolving financial aid issues and provide solutions in compliance with federal, state and institutional guidelines.
- Monitors and evaluates satisfactory academic progress of students.
- Interacts with appropriate outside entities in order to facilitate the student eligibility process.
- Participates in the development of institutional financial aid policies and procedures that will positively impact efficiency and quality of service provided.
- Maintains appropriate documentation in campus system.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum 3-years’ of previous experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task and prioritize;
- Experience with CampusVue/CampusNexus a plus.
The essential functions of the job are usually performed in an environmentally controlled facility where the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position may involve working in a combination of office and classroom environments.
While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee may sometimes be required to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment and physical demands described are representative of those required of an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
About United States University:
USU empowers students to succeed. We do it by offering an accessible, nurturing, and student-focused education experience to students who desire progress in their personal or professional lives. Our diverse faculty forge personal relationships with students, mentoring them throughout their entire educational journey. With small class sizes, 24/7 access and support, and scholarship opportunities, USU is an inclusive community of learning dedicated to the personal and professional growth of our students and graduates.
The academic programs at USU are embedded with real-world applications and designed to give students the resources they need to continually advance in their chosen fields. With Colleges of Nursing, Health Sciences, Business and Management, and Education, USU provides highly-relevant education in high-demand fields.
USU University features:
- Online or on-campus studies to meet your unique needs
- Financial aid and scholarships available to qualified students
- Small class sizes with the personal attention you need to succeed
- Open enrollment, we accept applications year-round
- Online tutoring available 24/7
Please send your resume and cover letter to Natalie Robinson, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are located at 7675 Mission Valley Road, San Diego, CA 92108