Field Experience Manager
United States University’s College of Nursing and Health Sciences Office of Field Experience is seeking a full time Field Experience Manager.
This position is responsible for the day-to-day management of an assigned team to ensure the accurate field placement for students to complete their practice clinical and practicum activities.
- Supports a team of 8-10 Clinical Placement Coordinators to include coaching, counseling, mentoring, advising, training, performance assessment, assigning workloads and employment decisions.
- Maintains and reports on performance indicators and results and develops team-based management approaches for improved employee engagement and performance results.
- Encourage team to ensure students are on track with meeting graduation goal, create and maintain relationships with hospitals and health care clients to assist in the placement of CONHS students, verify student placement and academic progress.
- Maintains knowledge and currency in applicable compliance regulations through self-study, conferences, training, workshops, etc.
- Conducts proactive risk assessments and ensures the University’s processes and policies are in compliance with regulations and University policies.
- Ensures the assigned employees’ competencies are current through testing, training, etc. and performance requirements are met.
- Assists coordinators in developing awareness and strategy of securing health care affiliates acceptance for field placements.
- Recommends process changes, tracking methods for better efficiency and prepares daily and weekly reports, performance metrics and projections to executive/management team(s).
- Collaborates and liaises with other staff in ensuring University web-based content, policy and procedures manuals are accurate and up to date.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from a regionally accredited institution; master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in higher education, health care or management experience preferred.
- People management skills in effectively motivating, managing staff to meet performance goals.
- Strong communications skills with a good command of the English language. An ability to communicate in a non-English language is helpful but not required.
- Good relationship building skills and ability to maintain strong working relationships with external/internal customers; good interpersonal skills.
- Strong business acumen with knowledge of accounting principles and techniques.
- Provide a positive example to students by supporting the University’s vision and values
At Aspen Group, we embrace diversity, we support it, we celebrate it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Aspen Group is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and an affirmative action employer.
To apply, please send your resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include relevant unofficial copies of transcripts, copies of nursing licenses or similar certifications, and any other pertinent materials for consideration.