Director, MSN-Family Nurse Practitioner Program
United States University is an institution with a mission to develop diverse life long learners grounded in caring science and prepared to be innovative leaders in a dynamic healthcare system. United States University provides adult learners with nursing programs grounded in caring science and preparing nurses to be innovative leaders in a dynamic healthcare system and acknowledges nursing as a discipline with a unique body of knowledge and a professional practice. For more information, visit us at https://www.usuniversity.edu/degrees/master-of-science-in-nursing-family-nurse-practitioner/?pID=85 to review the FNP curriculum.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interview prospective students and recommend acceptance or rejection as needed
- Work with Dean to select adjunct faculty for teaching in the program
- Mentor adjunct faculty in courses taught in the FNP program
- Work with faculty teaching in the FNP program to revise courses and curriculum
- Assist Clinical Placement Coordinator to secure clinical sites for FNP programs
- Assist the Director, Immersive Learning and Simulation Center during Immersions
- Work with preceptors and agencies to be sure clinical experiences are appropriate
- Verify that all students have met all clinical requirements before starting clinical courses
- Provide information to Dean about adjunct faculty performance
- Be available for weekly office hours for students in the program (these may be virtual)
- Participate in choosing full-time faculty for the program
- Participate in community service, research or practice as 20% of job
- Attend and participate in all College of Nursing meetings
United States University College of Nursing is looking for an experienced FNP clinician educator who wants to teach in an online hybrid program and enjoys working with a diverse group of students from around the United States. This full time position is located in San Diego.
The ideal candidate for this position must have:
- PhD, DNP, or EdD in Nursing
- Unencumbered Licensure as a Registered Nurse in California (or be eligible for licensure)
- Advanced Practice License and in the State of California (or be eligible for licensure)
- National Certification as an FNP
- Recent Clinical Experience
- Experience teaching in a nurse practitioner program
- Experience with application of evidence into clinical practice
- Experience with distance learning and online academic technology is desirable
For more information or if you are interested in this position, please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, by e-mail to Dr. Cynthia Leaver, Associate Dean, College of Nursing, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About United States University
USU empowers students to succeed. We do it by offering an accessible, nurturing, and student-focused education experience to students who desire progress in their personal or professional lives. Our diverse faculty forge personal relationships with students, mentoring them throughout their entire educational journey. With small class sizes, 24/7 access and support, and scholarship opportunities, USU is an inclusive community of learning dedicated to the personal and professional growth of our students and graduates.
The academic programs at USU are embedded with real-world applications and designed to give students the resources they need to continually advance in their chosen fields. With Colleges of Nursing, Health Sciences, Business and Management, and Education, USU provides highly-relevant education in high-demand fields.
- Online or on-campus studies to meet your unique needs
- Financial aid and scholarships available to qualified students
- Small class sizes with the personal attention you need to succeed
- Open enrollment, we accept applications year-round
- Online tutoring available 24/7
We are located at 7675 Mission Valley Road, San Diego, CA 92108