Clinical Placement Coordinator
Job Title: Clinical Placement Coordinator
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Job Category: Non-Exempt
Position Type: Full-Time
The Clinical Placement Coordinator in the Office of Field Experience (OFE) works with MSN Family
Nurse Practitioner students to support the students’ required clinical field experiences (externships). The
Clinical Placement Coordinator is dedicated to supporting students by developing and implementing
plans for clinical placements by reviewing program and student clinical site requests, facilitating
document collection and approvals, and identifying available site mentors/preceptors. The Clinical
Placement Coordinator proactively communicates with students to ensure understanding and timely
completion of required documentation and approvals, and assists students throughout their program to
keep the requirements and approvals current.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing and tracking overall student clinical experience compliance.
- Counsels students on expectations, requirements and guides students to appropriate resources.
- Work proactively with students to ensure all necessary health and safety documentation is
uploaded and approved in required systems.
- Proactively partner with students to determine and identify best placement options.
- Responsible for outreach and development of clinical sites and mentors/preceptors which have
been identified by student, College, market research or administration.
- Manage and track the Affiliation Agreement legal review with Affiliate Coordinator and the legal
departments of the site.
- Monitor and ensure all site mentors/preceptors have submitted required documents and have
access to required systems.
- Work collaboratively with other OFE staff and management as well as College leadership.
- Handle a high volume of incoming and outgoing phone calls and emails from students and site
contacts while maintaining consistent notes, history, and documentation in required systems.
- Provides administrative support by improving and implementing systems, procedures, and policies; completing projects in support of OFE efforts.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must hold a bachelor degree in business, management, health administration, or related field.
- Experience in business development or working with vendors
- Experience in education administration/compliance or health care administration/compliance
Skills & Abilities:
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Creating and coordinating complex schedules, calendars, activities, and events
- Setting priorities, making critical decisions, and remaining flexible in high pressure situations
- Executing responsibilities in a timely, meticulous and professional manner, while demonstrating
initiative and creativity
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maintaining database systems to protect confidentiality of data and records
- Creating, managing, and using data to support decision making
- Ability to interact effectively with university and vendor administrators and leaders
At Aspen Group, we embrace diversity, we support it, we celebrate it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Aspen Group is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and an affirmative action employer.
To apply, please send your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include relevant unofficial copies of transcripts, copies of nursing licenses or similar certifications, and any other pertinent materials for consideration.