Assistant / Associate Dean of Nursing and Health Sciences
United States University is seeking a vibrant Assistant/Associate Dean of Nursing & Health Sciences to assist the Dean to provide academic leadership, supervision and support to the campus nursing and health sciences team. The Assistant/Associate Dean will be expected to assist the team with achieving student learning outcomes, assessment, curriculum, and other matters as assigned in accordance with the mission core values and purposes of the university and the nursing/health science programs. In conjunction with and under the direction of the dean, he/she oversees strategic goals and day-to-day operations for the colleges programs and works closely with the program directors in scheduling, planning, recruiting and onboarding, troubleshooting, and maintaining readiness for regulatory and accreditation affairs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures and maintains compliance with policies and practices of United States University; Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC); Commission on Colleges of Nursing Education Standards (CCNE); and other state and federal regulatory agencies regulations and statutes.
- Provides academic leadership, Collaborates with the Dean on planning and execution of program initiatives; acts as a liaison with the college and stakeholders.
- Contributes to the establishment and maintenance of high quality programs and outcomes
- Works collaboratively with CON faculty and staff and the Office of Field Experience as needed.
- Promotes a “team community” and promotes report within the campus community
- Provides leadership in establishing and maintaining high quality curriculum
- Responsible for hiring, training, mentoring and oversight of faculty and staff
- Establishes and maintains relationships with students, the community of interest, faculty and the USU community
- Maintains a data base as necessary
- Assists with distribution, collection and maintenance of evaluations, other data and analyses.
- Serves as a resource for all faulty in relationship to the programs software, processes, procedures and policies.
- Prepares reports, surveys and evaluation reports for regulatory agencies, accreditation visits and the College as requested
- Facilitates and participates in committees and other University functions as requested, chairs committees as assigned.
- Assists with ongoing faculty development
- Assists with planning, budget
- Collaborates in the maintenance and development of College policies, practices and procedures
- Oversees faculty and student concerns and works toward positive resolutions
- May teach online as assigned and needed
Skills & Abilities
- Self-starter and ability to think on one’s feet
- Ability to think strategically and prioritize effectively
- Communication, Collaboration and Teamwork Skills
- Strong Verbal and Written Skills
- Experience managing students and faculty
- Commitment to working with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff
- Knowledge of database management, and creating, contributing to and maintaining records
- Ability to work in fast-paced collaborative team environment.
- Problem solving and trouble-shooting abilities
- Ability to work with others to insure appropriate strategies are developed to meet the University needs.
- Organizational and research skills
- Management and leadership skills
- Demonstrates and maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, university staff, students, and the community.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills in a dynamic, constantly changing environment
- Ability to work effectively, exhibit a professional manner and establish constructive working relationships
- Attention to detail and quality focused
- Knowledge of clinical components of advanced practice nursing education, Health Care Agencies, practice settings and institutions
- 3-5 years of documented successful experience related to teaching adults, teaching methodology, curriculum development, and curriculum evaluation.
- 1-3 years (minimum) of experience in Online teaching methodology
Competitive Depending upon qualifications, experience and education
This position is located in San Diego, CA. This is not a virtual or remote position.
- Doctoral Degree (DNP, PhD, DNS, DO, MD) in nursing or health sciences field or
- Master’s Degree in Nursing and earned doctoral degree in Education or similar function area
- 3-5 years in online teaching experience
- Prior academic administrative experience preferred
- 3-5 years in online curriculum and instruction, particularly for a regionally accredited business school or college
- At least five years of professional experience in the discipline
- A demonstrated commitment to student success and retention;
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, excellent verbal, presentation, written communication skills, and excellent computer skills
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
About United States University:
USU empowers students to succeed. We do it by offering an accessible, nurturing, and student-focused education experience to students who desire progress in their personal or professional lives. Our diverse faculty forge personal relationships with students, mentoring them throughout their entire educational journey. With small class sizes, 24/7 access and support, and scholarship opportunities, USU is an inclusive community of learning dedicated to the personal and professional growth of our students and graduates.
The academic programs at USU are embedded with real-world applications and designed to give students the resources they need to continually advance in their chosen fields. With Colleges of Nursing and Health Sciences, Business and Management, and Education, USU provides highly-relevant education in high-demand fields.
USU University features:
- Online or on-campus studies to meet your unique needs
- Financial aid and scholarships available to qualified students
- Small class sizes with the personal attention you need to succeed
- Open enrollment, we accept applications year-round
- Online tutoring available 24/7
To apply, please send your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include relevant unofficial copies of transcripts, copies of nursing licenses or similar certifications, and any other pertinent materials for consideration.
We are located at 7675 Mission Valley Road, San Diego, CA 92108