United States University is currently seeking a full-time Assistant Registrar at our campus in San Diego, CA.
Reporting to the Registrar, the Assistant Registrar will assist and support the day-to-day operations of the Office of the Registrar in order to meet the University and Department objectives and goals. Provide professional, effective, and efficient customer service to all stakeholders. Assistant Registrar may assist with training and guiding department staff. Maintain integrity of student records in various databases.
- Knowledge and strong ability to use complex databases
- Ability to analyze student academic records, term and cumulative GPA, course repeats, to evaluate satisfactory academic progress,
- Ability to analyze and proactively address problems using reasoning and problem-solving skills to achieve department goals,
- Excellent communication skills, ability to effectively communicate information in a clear and concise manner, both verbally and written.
- Ability to interpret and apply admission policies by reviewing all records for students applying at all levels (undergraduate and graduate),
- Ability to interpret, communicate, and apply all university policies and procedures,
- Coordinate the student graduation review process and identify candidates for graduation,
- Oversee the maintenance of student files and records ensuring accuracy and integrity,
- Evaluate college/university transcripts on transfer students to determine applicability and award of transfer credits,
- Assist in the re-entry process for students seeking readmission,
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality,
- Participate in University Committees as appropriate: i.e., Commencement Committee,
- Perform other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 2 years of professional academic experience in administration and/or records.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with attention to detail, accuracy and efficient workflow.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities.
- Proficient with computer and word processing skills.
At Aspen Group, we embrace diversity, we support it, we celebrate it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Aspen Group is proud to be an equal employment workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Job Type: Full-time