Aspen Group, Inc is an education technology holding company that leverages its infrastructure and expertise to allow its two universities, Aspen University and United States University, to deliver on the vision of making college affordable again.
United States University is currently seeking a Program Director for The College of Business & Technology to join our team!
The Program Director provides leadership, operational and management oversight, and day-to-day administrative functions for designated programs, under the direction of the Dean of the College of Business and Technology. The Program Director is responsible and accountable for planning, organizing, and supervising the programs; ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and objectives; recruitment, supervision, and evaluation of program faculty who support the mission of the University; recruiting, mentoring, motivating, advising, providing classroom instruction, evaluating student performance, and assisting students toward successful program completion; and developing, and modeling effective teaching practices.
- This position is a faculty position and is governed by the USU Faculty Handbook.
- The job description below is derived from the handbook.
Domain One: Teaching and Advising
- Effectively facilitate learning and learner development through regular and substantive interaction.
- Teach within the program based on program starts and student enrollment.
- Participate in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation in the discipline.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and revise standards for the progression, retention, and graduation of students.
- Use both disciplinary and institutional assessment and evaluation strategies.
- Evaluate program outcomes such as key performance indicators and learning outcome results. Leading program improvement efforts, including active contribution to and participation in the Educational Effectiveness program, academic program review, and annual student learning assessments; leading the improvement of curriculum to ensure that student needs and learning objectives are met.
- Outreach to community and prospective students.
Domain Two: Governance
- Providing leadership to program faculty, particularly in modeling and ensuring adherence to program, college, and University policies and decisions.
- Work with Dean to select adjunct faculty for teaching in the program.
- Participation in Shared Governance activities including developing, updating, and disseminating any program-unique policies and procedures necessary to ensure both program excellence and compliance with College and University policies and procedures.
- Maintaining selected programmatic accreditations and certifications.
- Maintaining a climate that promotes creativity and intellectual innovation.
- Optional Domains from the Core Faculty Handbook that Core Faculty can choose from 1 or more of the following domains:
- Domain Three: Creative Contributions
- Engage in creative activities or scholarship.
Domain Three: Professional service
- Engage in professional service
- Participate in community service and/or in clinical 1 day a week- required.
Domain Four: Community Service
- Engage in appropriate community service
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Terminal degree is required
- Experience with generating and analyzing institutional research
- Experience with managing doctoral faculty
- Experience with terminal outcome (dissertation/applied project) quality control
- Experience with the regional accreditation process, requirements, and implementation
- Experience with assessing program and student learning
- Experience with application of professional experience
- Experience with distance learning and academic technology
At Aspen Group, we embrace diversity, we support it, we celebrate it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Aspen Group is proud to be an equal employment workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
To apply, please send your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.