United States University has an opening for a Program Director to join the College of Business & Technology. This is a remote position.
The DBA Program Director provides leadership, operational and management oversight, and day-to-day administrative functions for the DBA and international DBA (iDBA) programs, under the direction of the Dean of the College of Business and Technology. The DBA Program Director is responsible and accountable for planning, organizing, and supervising the programs; ensuring the fulfillment of educational goals and objectives; recruitment, supervision, and evaluation of program faculty who support the mission of the University; recruiting, mentoring, motivating, advising, providing classroom instruction, evaluating doctoral student performance, and assisting doctoral students toward successful program completion; and developing, and modeling effective teaching practices.
Essentials Duties & Responsibilities
This position is a faculty position and is governed by the USU Faculty Handbook. The job description below is derived from the handbook.
- Domain One: Teaching and Advising
- Effectively facilitate learning and student development through regular and substantive interaction.
- Teach within the program when called upon based on program starts and student enrollment.
- Participate in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation in the discipline.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and revise standards for the progression, retention, and graduation of students.
- Directly supervise both full-time and adjunct faculty in the program.
- Use both disciplinary and institutional assessment and evaluation strategies.
- Evaluate program outcomes such as key performance indicators and learning outcome results.
- Lead program improvement efforts, including active contributions to and participation in (a) academic program review, (b) annual student learning assessments, and (c) continuous improvement of curriculum to ensure that student needs and learning objectives are met.
- Continuous outreach to the doctoral community and prospective students.
- Serve as PDSO in the iDBA program and advising international students.
- Domain Two: Governance
- Provide leadership to program faculty, particularly in modeling and ensuring adherence to program, college, and University policies and decisions.
- Work with the Dean to select both full-time and adjunct faculty to teach in the program.
- Participate in shared governance activities including developing, updating, and disseminating any programunique policies and procedures necessary to ensure both program excellence and compliance with College and University policies and procedures.
- Assist to acquire and maintain selected programmatic accreditations and certifications.
- Maintain a climate that promotes creativity and intellectual innovation.
- Optional Domains from the Core Faculty Handbook that Core Faculty can choose from 1 or more of the following domains:
- Domain Three: Creative Contributions
- Engage in creative activities or scholarship.
- Domain Four: Professional service
- Engage in professional service
- Domain Five: Community Service
- Engage in appropriate community service
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Education and Experience:
- Terminal degree is required
- Experience with generating and analyzing institutional research
- Experience with managing doctoral faculty
- Experience with terminal outcome (dissertation/applied project) quality control
- Experience with the regional accreditation process, requirements, and implementation
- Experience with assessing program and student learning
- Experience with application of professional experience
- Experience with distance learning and academic technology
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work with faculty, staff, and students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in a timely manner within a fast-paced environment
- Broad knowledge of the philosophy and mission of the University
- Ability to think strategically and prioritize effectively
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a high level of professional integrity
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, university staff, students, and the community.
- Strong time management and organizational skills in a dynamic, constantly changing environment
- Must be able to think and work both tactically and strategically to provide financial and operational needs to the university’s strategic goals
At Aspen Group, we embrace diversity, we support it, we celebrate it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Aspen Group is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and an affirmative action employer.
Please send your resume to Careers@aspu.com