The Director of Immersion of CONHS serves as a member of the faculty and supports the College by coordinating all operational activities of the Immersion Learning and Simulation Center. As the manager of immersion and simulation experiences responsibilities are varied and can include activities such as keeping records, scheduling standardized patients, organizing and supervising student experiences, ordering supplies and stocking, making recommendations for best practices especially as it relates to simulation and use of learning technologies. Availability to work weekends, and on campus is a must. This position also carries a teaching load commensurate to meet the needs of the College and the availability of the manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitate and teach immersion experience courses.
- Maintain appropriate inventory and all supplies needed for immersions and clinical/lab instruction
- Organize and schedule the standardized patients for immersions.
- Collaborate with full-time faculty to develop curricula for simulation education.
- Design, develop, implement, and evaluate immersive learning scenarios, procedures, and practices.
- Collaborate with faculty to develop methods for competency testing.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and innovation in curricula, instructional technologies, and operational systems.
- Develop strategic plans for and prioritize current resources to ensure that the mission and vision of the center are achieved.
- Maintain security and integrity of facilities, equipment, and supplies while maximizing their availability for educational exercises.
- Maintain data security and confidentiality in accordance with applicable, federal, state, and local guidelines.
- Mentor and orient students and adjunct faculty to the equipment and the Center.
- Be familiar with and teach utilizing telehealth equipment
- Teach Health Assessment Lab
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree or doctorate in nursing with advanced practice nurse credentials (FNP)
- DNP or PhD or terminal degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current unencumbered California RN/APRN License or willingness to obtain
- Current unencumbered license in state of immersion campus 3-5 years of active clinical experience.
- Experience managing operations in a simulation education center or working in a nursing skills lab
- Expertise in distance learning and instructional technology
- Expertise in business development or working with vendors
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of advanced practice nursing in primary care
- Knowledge of principles and methods of adult education
- Knowledge of educational theory and instructional technology
- Knowledge of simulation education and testing
- Knowledge of management and leadership theory and practice
- Knowledge of innovation theory and practice
- Knowledge of project management and coordination
- Knowledge of relevant information technology, to include software and hardware used to run a simulation/nursing skills lab or education center
- Knowledge of relevant analog and digital audiovisual technology, to include software and hardware used to run a simulation education center
- Skill in setting priorities, making critical decisions, and remaining flexible in high pressure situations
- Skill in executing responsibilities in a timely, meticulous and professional manner, while demonstrating initiative and creativity
- Skill in creating and maintaining human and automated systems to protect physical security of persons and equipment and confidentiality of data and records
- Skill in creating and coordinating complex schedules, calendars, activities, and events
- Skill in creating, managing, and using data systems to support decision making
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing’Ability to lead inter-professional teams with diverse educational backgrounds and levels of expertise in simulation education
- Ability to interact effectively with university administrators and leaders in the public and private sectors
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
Current unencumbered AZ and California RN/APRN License with advanced practice nurse or hear. The employee may sometimes be required to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
At Aspen Group, we embrace diversity, we support it, we celebrate it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Aspen Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.