The field placement and credential analysist position provides leadership, operational and management oversight, and day-to-day administrative functions for teacher credential programs, under the direction of the Dean of the College of Education. The analyst is responsible and accountable for developing relationships with school districts and school sites, managing MOU agreements with the districts and facilitating all necessary paperwork and documentation needed to approve the placement of students in schools. This position will interact with students to support and ensure completion of all necessary requirements to progress to student teaching as well as facilitating the placement. In addition to supporting students and placements this position will be a primary liaison with state departments of education for candidate recommendations, required reporting, etc.
- Serve as the credential analyst for the recommendation of program completers to the state department of education.
- Build documentation of the process including student request forms, handbooks for placements, MOUs for the various school districts, etc.
- Create template emails from the OFE, create a service model of specific times for student contacts, etc.
- Create and maintain a record keeping and tracking system within Project Concert to monitor all requirements including all testing records, TB, CPR, etc.
- Support the enrollment team in ensuring all documents are submitted and students are cleared to start the program.
- Create a process within Project Concert for the recording of student hours and the approvals from the supervising teacher.
- Create accounts in Sibme and in Project Concert for students and supervisors.
- Provide training for students and cooperating teachers and supervisors regarding the use of Sibme and Project Concert.
- Provide ongoing tech support for the use of these programs.
- Support the utilization of SIMBE software app for the completion of student teaching observations, submittal of Teacher Performance Assessments (required exams) to Pearson, and other tasks as necessary.
- Complete required reports and collaborate on accreditation projects, state applications and other activities as requested.
- Remain current on existing and changing credentialing requirements including any legislative changes.
- Attend state credentialing meetings as requested by the dean.
The above functions are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this job. This is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Education and Experience:
- BA is required, a MA degree is preferred.
- Experience teaching online and or working with students directly
- Experience with distance learning and academic technology required
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work with faculty, staff, and students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks in a timely manner within a fast-paced environment
- Broad knowledge of the philosophy and mission of the University
- Ability to think strategically and prioritize effectively
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and a high level of professional integrity
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, university staff, students, and the community.
- Strong time management and organizational skills in a dynamic, constantly changing environment
- Must be able to think and work both tactically and strategically to provide support to students
- Effective analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to work effectively, exhibit a professional manner and establish constructive working relationships
- Attention to detail and quality focused
At Aspen Group, we embrace diversity, we support it, we celebrate it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Aspen Group is proud to be an equal employment workplace and an affirmative action employer.
To apply, please send your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.