Academic Advisors at United States University (USU) assist students to achieve educational goals by providing excellent customer service while identifying student needs and mentoring students to resolve potential academic issues.
- Advise students on issues related to their coursework and program in order to assist them in being successful.
- Conduct New Student Orientation calls with new students
- Provide guidance within individual courses in terms of grading, formatting, and clarification of assignments.
- Serve as an advocate for all students.
- Assist students in scheduling, registration and payment, navigation of the website, use of online libraries, etc.
- Act as a liaison between students and faculty, when necessary.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- A minimum of one year of academic advising experience or one year of progressively responsible administrative responsibilities in a complex working environment such as an institution of higher education.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent personal and public relations skills; must be able to communicate effectively with students, staff, and the public from diverse cultural, social, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, knowledge of and experience working with components of the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and Word.
- Must be a hands-on, self-directed, organized and conscientious individual.
- Strong time management and organizational skills in a dynamic, constantly changing environment.
- Effective analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries, customer/student inquiries or complaints
- Ability to work effectively, exhibit a professional manner and establish constructive working relationships
- Attention to detail and quality focused
At Aspen Group, we embrace diversity, we support it, we celebrate it and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Aspen Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
To apply, please send your resume/CV and cover letter to email@example.com.