Master of Arts in Education
The degree for experienced educators and education professionals
From targeted education specializations in special education, early-childhood education, and Spanish-language education to general studies in administration and higher-education administration, the Master of Arts in Education from US University will prepare graduates for leadership and administration positions throughout the education profession.
With a focus on curriculum, instruction, assessment, leadership and administration, graduates of the MAED program will learn to apply education and leadership theories and research skills to the promotion of educational accountability and the advancement of student-centered education.
Program features include:
- Complete your degree in 12 months
- Small class sizes with the personal attention needed to help you succeed
- Online or on-campus studies to meet your unique needs
- Federal financial aid available to qualified students
Students may choose one of the following specialization in the MAED program:
- Special Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Spanish Literature
- Concentration in Administration
- Concentration in Higher Education Administration
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Masters of Arts in Education the student will be able to:
- Critically analyze the historical, social, economic, and political influences on education institutions and practices.
- Identify the structures in educational organizations that can be mobilized for engagement in practice.
- Delineate the roles and tasks of education leaders and education professionals in a range of institutions.
- Apply education leadership theories and research skills that promote accountability and advancement of student centered education.
- Recognize and analyze sources of diversity and inequity related to the needs of Latino and marginalized individuals/populations.
- Identify and analyze legal and ethical issues that arise in education practices and institutions.
Write scholarly essays on policy, programs and issues relating to education and education leadership.