Position Title COORDINATOR OF CLINICAL PRACTICE
Under the direction of the Dean of Education, manages the daily operations related to clinical practice which includes student teaching, fieldwork assignments, university supervisors and master teachers.
Position Specific Accountabilities
Under the direction of the Dean of Education:
- Manages the daily operations of the department related to clinical practice
- Coordinates all collaborative efforts with department chairs, academic program directors, faculty and staff.
- Designs, revises, and implements administrative procedures to maximize effectiveness and efficiency of services as they relate to clinical practice and fieldwork
- Coordinates the recruitment and hiring process of university supervisors with the Dean of Education and with Human Resources.
- Develops, coordinates, and plan and implement orientation and training sessions for university supervisors and master teachers
- Plans, coordinates and implements all student teacher placements
- Plans, coordinates and implements all TPA training sessions for student teachers
- Maintains ongoing correspondence with school district personnel
- Respond to student, faculty, staff, supervisor and school site concerns.
- In collaboration and consultation with the Dean of Education and credential support staff will monitor clinical practice and fieldwork candidate needs.
- Participates in the updates for clinical practice handbooks and websites
- Under the supervision of the Director of Education, coordinates and manage all student records related to clinical practice by utilizing online database software.
- Develop and analyze reports generated from student records and assessment data generated by university supervisors during clinical practice
- Maintains all assessment data and forms in student records generated by university supervisors and master teachers.
- Participates in the management of all clinical practice and fieldwork course and seminar schedule of classes.
- Updates Student Teaching Handbook
- Maintains current memoranda of understanding with schools, school districts, and other partners under the direction of the Director of Education
- Represents Clinical Education within the surrounding community particularly within K–12 schools and districts and professional organizations or associations.
- Serves on College of Education committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
United States University Expectations:
Exhibit behavior that supports the mission, vision, and values of the university. Communicate and employ interpersonal actions that model high standards of professional, responsible, accountable, and ethical conduct. Demonstrate a commitment to outstanding customer service.
- Typically a Masters Degree in Education or equivalent experience. Incumbent will be expected to continue upgrading knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to keep abreast of regulation/policy changes.
- Minimum 4 years administrative experience in progressively responsible positions.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of: customer service, educating professionals for careers in K – 12 schools, administrative support, project management
- Exemplary communication skills (both written and oral) evidenced by background in preparing reports and executive summaries, handbooks and correspondence.
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated computer competency and preferably knowledgeable of Microsoft Office and student information systems.
Contact:Allison Zolin, Human Resources