Emergency Nurse Practitioner
The Emergency Nurse Practitioner Certificate (ENP) is designed for the nurse practitioner (FNP, PNP-Primary Care, Adult-Geriatric Primary Care NP) working or wishing to work in an urgent care or emergency department setting. It is also appropriate for primary care-focused nurse practitioners who want to be certified as an Emergency Nurse Practitioner (ENP). This certificate does not provide the education to become certified as an acute care nurse practitioner with either the adult-geriatric or pediatric populations. A minimum of 13 credits are required. Some students will need additional clinical credits. An analysis of the individual student’s transcript will determine the specific number of credits required.
All courses are online except the 2 day ENP 650A which is delivered face to face over a weekend.
*MSN 650A may be taken as a separate course for either credit or CEU without being enrolled in the Certificate.
*Students seeking only a certificate program are not eligible for financial aid. Courses taken after completion of a degree program in order to complete the certificate are not eligible for financial aid.es.
Admission to the certificate program is granted to individuals who apply and:
- Are a nationally certified nurse practitioner
- Have an unencumbered registered nursing license in the state the applicant plans to do clinical
- Have an unencumbered advanced practice nursing license in the state the applicant plans to do clinical
- Have one year of emergency department, urgent care, or other critical care nursing experience is recommended (if applicant does not have this experience it will take longer to be eligible for certification as an ENP)
- Submit official transcripts from Nurse Practitioner program where received the MSN or DNP
- Completed the Weaver Assessment Test
The MSN uses a cohort model. There are 2 admission cycles, Fall 1 and Spring 1.
A cohort may not run if a minimum number of students are not admitted.
- Priority application deadline for the Spring 1, 2017 cohort is October 28, 2016
- Final completed application deadline for Spring 1, 2017 admission is December 26, 2016
- Priority application deadline for Fall 1, 2017 admission is May 13, 2017
- Final completed application deadline for Fall 1, 2017 is August 22, 2017