Online Education and Education Technology
Post Master’s Online
This certificate is designed for nurses who want to learn how to design curriculum and courses using the latest technology to teach in hybrid or completely online nursing programs. Applicants with a Master’s degree or Doctor of Nursing Practice who want to add knowledge in online education will want to take this certificate. Students will learn how to design teaching plans, implement evidence based teaching strategies, design and evaluate curriculum. The certificate provides the opportunity to be mentored as a student teacher in online nursing courses.
This certificate is tailored to meet the needs of the working professional and is offered online. Courses are focused on assuring learning through a selection of engaged learning strategies. These strategies may include synchronous face to face meetings and/or online lectures, demonstrations, discussions, and other interactive activities.
*Students seeking only a certificate program are not eligible for financial aid. Courses taken after completion of a degree program in order to complete the certificate are not eligible for financial aid. However, these courses may be transferred into the MSN in Online Education and Educational Technology.
The College of Nursing at USU uses a holistic admission process to evaluate each applicant on their merits. The wide range of abilities, interests, backgrounds, life experiences, and other aspects that diversity brings to the academic environment are considered.
- Complete and submit an application for admission through NursingCAS at https://nursingcas.liaisoncas.com/applicant-ux/#/login. You must select United States University.
- Official transcripts from a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- An unencumbered RN license in state where student resides
- Completion of Weaver Reading Assessment Exam
The MSN uses a cohort model. There are 2 admission cycles, Fall 1 and Spring 1.
A cohort may not run if a minimum number of students are not admitted.
- Priority application deadline for the Spring 1, 2017 cohort is October 28, 2016
- Final completed application deadline for Spring 1, 2017 admission is December 26, 2016
- Priority application deadline for Fall 1, 2017 admission is May 13, 2017
- Final completed application deadline for Fall 1, 2017 is August 22, 2017