PURPOSE: This position assists in the administration of internal and external placement tests and course exams.
Proctor a variety of tests, including but not limited to: TEAS, CLEP, Accuplacer, Pearson Vue, and other college course exams.
Maintain confidentiality and security of all testing materials, test logs, and other test documents. Must be vigilant – able to pay close attention to cheating or prevention of cheating; able to administer Testing Center rules. Maintain a quiet atmosphere appropriate to testing.
Inventory and order exams on an ongoing basis. Return testing materials to the appropriate instructors, agencies, or other colleges as required.
Develop testing schedules that fit the needs of staff, faculty, students, and outside agencies.
Work with students who have need of special accommodations, including but not limited to reading tests, scribing tests, or providing a special testing climate.
Track the expiration date for the student’s tests. Return tests to the appropriate party if they expire before the student takes the test.
May assist with the design and distribution of flyers, handouts, and door signs regarding the Testing Center’s hours and rules.
USU values professionalism in its employees. The following attributes and behaviors are identified as examples of what is expected of an employee:
- Display empathy and positive regard for others in written, verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Work effectively with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
- Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
- Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
- Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
- Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety. Maintain work areas in a clean and orderly manner.
Intermediate knowledge proctoring exams. Able to work independently. Excellent organizational skills; effective verbal skills. Knowledgeable or quickly gain knowledge of placement, assessment, and standardized testing tools.
PREFERRED: Certified proctor for TEAS, CLEP, Accuplacer, and Pearson Vue tests.
equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator and similar machines.
Usual office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quieter than a typical office due to minimal distractions for testing students.
Infrequent evening hours may be necessary for some testing.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not include other related occasional work.
Contact: Allison Zolin, Human Resources