Project Manager & Online Course Developer
This position will be responsible for managing a university-wide migration from an in-house Learning Management System (LMS) to a Pearson Learning Management Platform. As a Project Manager, the position will create a comprehensive project plan to manage the 18-24 month initiative.
As a Course Developer, the position has responsibility for collaborating with Deans and faculty/ subject matter experts to assess and define curricula requirements, as well as assist in the design of the online courses to meet these requirements. This includes reviewing recommendations for course texts and “platforms”. In addition, the position provides on-going support and training for faculty and students, as needed; as well as sharing best practices for online teaching. The position will assist with development of materials, resources, and processes to support students in online business courses and programs, in order to increase student retention and success. Interacts professionally with all internal and external customers using strong interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in the design, construction, and implementation of online courses; including the modification/customization of courses, as required;
- Assists in aligning Program Learning Objectives to Course/Student Learning Objectives;
- Offers faculty ideas and assistance for increasing online participation and engagement, by leveraging available/appropriate digital media;
- Ensures course content meets learning outcomes by assessing, developing, and implementing feedback mechanisms;
- Assists in developing eLearning standards for eLearning courses and in developing auditing procedures to ensure that courses meet industry and compliance standards;
- Acts as a liaison with educational suppliers and vendors to evaluate and/or procure course materials, software applications and teaching tools to continually enhance the colleges online tools;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in instructional technology, instructional design or related field;
- 5+ years of experience in training and development including needs assessment, design, delivery, and evaluation;
- Postsecondary training in pedagogy, instructional design, and/or best practices for eLearning;
- Demonstrated skill in online course development, lecture capture systems, video production, webpage/website development, graphic design/layout, and technology-based instruction including Learning Management Systems;
- Experience teaching online courses at the Undergraduate and Graduate levels;
- Ability to work independently and as team member, managing priorities and meeting deadlines in time critical situations;
- Evidence of strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated presentation skills; ability to analyze and speak effectively to groups;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite;
- Awareness and knowledge of document creation for disabilities (related to ADA standards).
Contact:Allison Zolin, Human Resources