Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and guarantee semi-monthly disbursement of multi-site payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes for university employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Process multi-state semi-monthly payroll for salary/hourly employees, plus adjunct faculty, Manage and maintain Workforce Now Payroll/HR system, and timekeeping system. Ensure time and attendance is accurately loaded into the payroll web based system, ADP.
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts.
- Calculate special compensations, retro pay increases, and final payouts.
- Audit and validate payroll registers, payroll error messages and data clean up.
- Prepare documents required for state agencies. Add new state Jurisdictions to payroll system, by applying for SIT, SUI, and Local School Districts tax ID’s for each state, and review compliance with all states tax requirements.
- Answers management inquiries, employee questions, and troubleshoots payroll issues.
- Administer Year-End process with W2s, 1099s, tax adjustments and Begin Year process.
- Create Ad Hoc payroll reports upon requests using payroll system generated reports, and/or Excel reports.
- Review monthly employee benefits invoices for accuracy.
- Assist Human Resource Coordinator with various duties and requests, including payroll benefit deductions in WFN payroll system.
- Administrate 401k retirement system, and make sure we are in compliance with all IRS regulations.
- Create General Ledger report from Workforce Now to upload payroll journal entries into Great Plains software.
- Process accounts payable daily invoices, and create weekly accounts payable check run in Great Plains software as needed.
- Communicate actively with all departments to review cross-departmental impacts and changes.
- Assist with other various duties as assigned and needed.
Contact: Allison Zolin, Human Resources