Full Time Faculty – Family Nurse Practitioner Program
United States University is currently seeking a full-time Director for their Family Nurse Practitioner program.
United States University, was founded in 1997 to provide a unique learning environment based on academic rigor, personal attention, and fulfilling the educational needs of underserved populations including the Hispanic and Latino communities in Southern California. United States University (http://www.usuniversity.edu) is uniquely successful in serving its target population and attaining its academic and social missions. The University offers degree programs in Nursing, Science, Education, Spanish, and Interdisciplinary Studies, is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC), and is based in Chula Vista, California.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide leadership for the Family Nurse Practitioner Program (MSN-FNP)
- Provide leadership in assessing program effectiveness in delivering student learning outcomes and implement changes required for improvement
- Conduct needs analysis to identify, create, promote, deliver, and evaluate US University Graduate Nursing programs that meet business, industry, and community needs
- Lead the quality improvement process required in the nurse practitioner program
- Develop and maintain relationships with clinical agencies, which assures appropriate learning experiences at clinical sites
- Recruit, and evaluate adjunct instructors within the family nurse practitioner program
- Actively participate in accreditation and reaccreditation activities for the program and University
- Provide input into the University accreditation self-study
- Promote the nurse practitioner program
- Possess exceptional listening, analytical, and diplomatic skills
- Participate in University committees as determined by the Provost
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current encumbered California Nursing License or eligibility to apply for a California Nursing License
- Doctoral Degree, or currently in a doctoral program
- Have a minimum of 3 years of teaching and/or administrative experience in academic nursing program settings
- Have current skills competence
- Computer skills with knowledge & proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Pass background and reference checks
- Communicate effectively in oral and written form
Please send letter of interest and resume electronically, Fax or US mail to: email@example.com