Title: Financial Aid Advisor
United States University is currently recruiting for a Financial Aid Advisor to work at our Chula Vista Campus. This position provides advising services to students and parents regarding the application process for obtaining federal, state, private, and institutional sources of financial assistance. The position requires that advising be performed in a variety of mediums, in person, telephone, and by email.
Candidates must also have demonstrated analytical abilities to handle complex administrative details with have experience working in a fast paced environment. A comprehensive understanding of financial aid processing and eligibility requirements is required. Experience with automated files management, tracking, and letter generating computer programs and excellent communication skills are required. Must be able to multi task and be deadline oriented and have excellent organization skills.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with Federal (Title IV) Financial Aid Programs.
- Minimum of three years demonstrated ability and experience in customer service and preferable in a call center environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with students from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communication skills, including public speaking skills.
- Ability to function effectively under pressure and to work independently with strong attention to details and deadlines.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and general internet experience required.
- Ability to work in a sedentary, structured setting with established goals, procedures and policies.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the office; including the occasional Saturday.
A High School Diploma is required, although a Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to deal effectively with staff, the public, various government entities and the university community.
Contact:Allison Zolin, Human Resources