College of Nursing
United States University is currently seeking additional part-time faculty at its Chula Vista, CA location at the undergraduate and graduate level. The faculty assists the program coordinator and Director of the School in implementing the objectives of the nursing program to provide quality education. The faculty is instrumental in the development and implementation of the curriculum based on the program objectives with the end result of accomplishments of the student learning outcomes in the Nursing Program, with a current knowledge base to deliver quality patient care.
United States University, was founded in 1997 to provide a unique learning environment based on academic rigor, personal attention, and fulfilling the educational needs of underserved populations including the Hispanic and Latino communities in Southern California. United States University (http://www.usuniversity.edu) is uniquely successful in serving its target population and attaining its academic and social missions.
- Fulfills faculty workload requirements through excellence in teaching and other activities
- Participates in student-faculty activities that serve to strengthen student- faculty engagement
- Plans for clinical experiences for students during clinical rotation periods
- Supervises the clinical instruction of students.
- Evaluates theoretical and clinical components of students’ instruction
- Informs the coordinator of progress or problems encountered in the area of instruction
- Assists with maintaining necessary records and reports
- Contributes to the ongoing development of the program through: unit and course revision, refinement and implementation of ATI into teaching curriculum, and formative and summative evaluation processes.
- Remain current with the changing trends in nursing education and practice
- Participate in professional and community activities related to the improvement of health care
- Maintain personal growth and development through ongoing faculty development activities
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Nursing (Doctorate in nursing or related field preferred for graduate level)
- Current California Nursing license
- Evidence of continued professional development
- 1 – 2 years recent professional nursing experience
- 1 – 2 years of teaching experience in an academic setting
- Flexible to teach day, evening, and or weekends
- Some computer skills and proficiency
- Pass background and reference checks
Please send letter of interest and resume electronically, Fax or US mail to: email@example.com