Full-Time Faculty – College of Health Sciences
Chula Vista Campus, San Diego, CA
REPORTS TO: Dean, College of Health Sciences
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities for the position includes: teaching, student retention and academic advising, scholarly activities and administrative duties./li>
- Teach at least 8 courses /year (average of 2/session).Prepare, maintain and upgrade course contents with in the curricular maps.
- Manage faculty and student concerns in the courses assigned. Focus on student retention and assist other faculty in facilitating student engagement.
- Develop or revise at least 2-4 courses per session and benchmark for best practices. Collaborate with other faculty for course innovations.
- Attend faculty and committee meetings.
- Check links/textbooks of all the courses in NGL/ other management platform in coordination with the Librarian by session.
- Provide guidelines and assistance to faculty developing or revising courses in the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Oversee the migration and development of courses to Pearson/other management system.
- Assist in tutoring Math/Science for on ground and online students (6 hours/week).
- Manage the laboratories equipment and supplies and monitor online laboratories.
- Assist the Dean in projects as needed
- Doctoral/Terminal Degree in Science/Health Sciences
- Two years experience teaching higher education
- Experienced to teach online
- Scholarly activities
Contact:Allison Zolin, Human Resources