Frequently Asked Questions

Current Student FAQs

Q: How do I know when my class starts?
A: Class dates are available on the Calendar page on US University’s Website. Download the calendar.

Q: Can I take a course from another institution?
A: US University does accept transfer credit from accredited institutions. It is important that you verify with your educational advisor that the course you want to take will transfer to the University.

Q: How do I transfer my credits to US University?
A: Official transcripts must be sent from any previously attended institutions to Academic Records. An initial evaluation will be conducted off of unofficial transcripts with an Admissions Advisor. A formal transfer equivalency evaluation will be done once official transcripts of all previously taken coursework are received.

Q: Will I receive notice of what credits have been transferred?
A: Yes, students will receive a copy of the evaluation audit indicating what courses were transferred to meet program requirements.

Q: Who do I contact if I have to miss a class or am running late for a class?
A: Contact your professor via e-mail. Calls to the front desk are not a guaranteed way to let your professor know you will not be in attendance.

Q: What do I need to do if I want to drop a class I am registered to take?
A: Contact your Educational Advisor immediately. You will also need to speak to the Financial Aid Department as changes in enrollment may affect your financial aid disbursement.

Q: I am unable to continue with class, what do I need to do?
A: See your Educational Advisor as soon as you realize you will not be able to complete a course you are taking. You will need to submit the Change of Registration form to withdraw from the course. Failure to submit the form may result in a failing grade.

Q: I don’t agree with the grade I received from my instructor, what can I do?
A: Speak to your instructor. If you are still not satisfied after speaking to the instructor, you may speak to your Educational Advisor.

Q: How do I obtain an official transcript?
A: Please fill out a Transcript Request Form with the front desk. Transcript requests are processed within ten business days.

Q: Is there a fee to obtain official transcripts?
A: A $5.00 fee is charged for every official transcript requested.

Q: How do I receive an unofficial transcript?
A: You can see your grades and obtain an unofficial transcript through the student portal; click on Grade Report.

Q: Will I get a school e-mail? If so, how?
A: Information regarding your school e-mail will be emailed to your personal email address after your application has been received and processed by Academic Records. This information will include your school e-mail and log-in password. If you lose this information, a copy may be obtained from your Educational Advisor.

Q: What if I can’t log in to my school e-mail?
A: Contact the IT Director for assistance with logging in to your school e-mail at

Q: My employer/daycare needs proof that I am going to school, where can I get that?
A: You can obtain enrollment verification from the Academic Records Office.